“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail” – Benjamin Franklin
My college days are over and I no longer have class or clinical to fill my schedule. Now it’s just work, but that doesn’t really fill my entire day. Since school ended, I feel as if I am not quite as organized and I enter each week without a game plan. Without a game plan, nothing gets done.
So, something that I have been trying to keep up consistently is planning every week, over the weekend for what Monday-Friday is going to look like. I’ve found a few habits have helped me prepare for the upcoming week.
Tips & Tricks to a Successful Week:
- Plan out your meals & meal prep
- Sit down and make a To Do list for the week. Split it up by days and importance of each task
- Look at your calendar & weekly schedule. Update any appointments or work days. When I do this, I like to write out time frames of each thing, that way I can place things from my To Do list into areas of freedom. And this way I can avoid any conflicts in time (hopefully).
- Figure out the weeks priorities – exercise, work, whatever it may be 😊
- Get your meals, snacks, clothing, bags, etc. ready for the next day! – I mean everything! Having everything ready for me when I get up and need to cook breakfast and take care of the fur babies makes the morning go so much smoother…way less running around and I don’t feel rushed or like I’m going to forget anything.
- Make a Goals list – for the day, week, month, or whatever you decide.
- Review last weeks To Do’s and Goals, were they all hit? If not, add them to the upcoming week.
It doesn’t take long to go through these steps…except meal prepping, that takes a bit. But it makes things so much easier throughout the week if you go in with a game plan. You can get way more done in a day and the week.
I try to stick to the above 7 as best as possible. Especially since being on prep. It keeps my mind at ease and saves everyone else around me from dealing with a hangry/stressed Mariah.
Happy Wednesday! 😊