Where are you not showing up for yourself right now? Where haven’t you been showing up for yourself for a while? Who or what have you been showing up for instead?
These are all questions that I ask myself at the end of the month when I’m reviewing my previous months goals and intentions and writing out the new month’s goals.
When I sat down on Sunday to review how February had gone, my emotions were a bit mixed. February had been a crazy month for me. I had to move out of my apartment and find a new one in 7 days, pack up all my shit in that time and figure out a way to move it all. Luckily, I have a job where my schedule is very flexible which allowed me the time to pack up. With the stress of moving and getting settled into a new space, my normal routine was thrown off, heavily. And I was so proud of the routine that I was just starting to settle into, but the Universe had a different plan for me.
- Settle into the new apartment
- Do mobility work 3x a week
- Be in bed by 9:30pm
- Pay more into credit cards / build up savings
- Settling into the new apartment. Millie has definitely settled in and absolutely loves that she has stairs to play on, a loft as her perch to watch everything below, and having wood floors to slide around on. I’ve become quite settled in, there are still a few things that need to be organized.
- Being in bed by 9:30pm…most days I’m crawling under the blankets around 8:30 and grabbing a book to read.
Not So Well
- Mobility…I totally let this one get away from me. I have the time, but it’s an afterthought. So that will be changed!
- Paying off CC and saving money. That TOTALLY did not happen. I was able to continue paying my normal monthly payments, but nothing more than that and no money was saved. The cost of getting a new apartment, having services transferred over, and then buying furniture for the apartment kind of hit hard. BUT it’s all worth it to have my own space.
Anyways, back to the point of this article. Where was I? I truly felt that I was all over the map for February. Anyone else feel that way? In some ways, I was showing up for myself – like being consistent with my sleep, training, and work schedule.
I wasn’t totally present throughout February, I was just floating along as each day went by. I found myself snacking a bit more on sugary foods, not being aware of myself and what I needed, I was scrolling social media WAY too much, and whenever I got home I would crash on the couch and nap or watch Netflix. None of these are habits that I want to continue.
I was showing up each day for my clients, for what I needed to do. But I wasn’t showing up for myself and what I wanted to do or for what I truly required.
March is a clean slate and I’m ready to focus on my goals again.
March 2021 Goals
- RE-build my savings and emergency fund
- Gain 1-2 new clients under MY name, MY business
- Get serious with my training and nutrition — summer is coming!
- Ground myself more — walk the beach barefoot, go on trail walks, just be outside and focus on being in the present.
- Throw away / let go of anything that no longer serves a purpose in my life — people, clothing, paperwork, literally anything that I no longer need or want
- Claim my space and make my presence known — be 100% me and don’t let anyone try to change that
- Connection with those I hold close and with new people — building my tribe that I trust, love, and want to share life with
- Am I showing my true self to the world? What causes me to hide my true self?
- What steps can I take today and over this month to move towards my goals?
- As a business owner, how can I put myself out there more? What ways feel authentic to me?
- Who am I showing up for? Myself or someone / something else?
- The energy I put out is the energy that will be returned…choose wisely
- It doesn’t all have to be done today. Create steps and set a pace.
So, where are you? Are you showing up for yourself? Or are you just going through the day to day motions?
How CAN you show up for yourself right now?